About the Unit
The university library is one of the scientific and cultural facilities that can play a prominent role in the development of societies. Through the development of scientific research and the provision of effective services to those who maintain it, and in accordance with the digital developments witnessed by the knowledge society today it is necessary to comply with the changes of the era. The library was just a store of books. It is now necessary to save, classify, index, analyze, submit and publish books to benefit people with information they need. It also has reference books on different subjects so that students and administrative staff can review, read or borrow them.
The Central Library shall provide leading services to the visitors in technical operations, reference services and guidance. And be a scientific university library that employs creativity and innovation sources and information and communication technologies to create a distinct information environment
To support the educational process in order to serve its visitors and to achieve excellence and quality in the academic field and excellence in providing information services to meet the current and future needs of university staff members and students, and researchers to achieve the level of excellence sought by the university.
- To provide a modern, balanced and comprehensive set of information sources that are closely linked to the University's academic curricula, academic programs and scientific research
- Organizing sources of information through cataloging and classification.
- Providing the library and information services to the community such as loan and periodical services, training, and selective transmission of information, as well as the retrieval of deleted information, thereby supporting the educational process and scientific research at the university
- Training the visitors on how to make use of the library and its various sources and services through the preparation of appropriate guidance and teaching programs, and provide them with the necessary skills and practical experience needed to use library and its various resources effectively.
- the student's definition of global classification systems with a focus on the Dewey decimal system and its use in the organization of Library Library collections.
- Introducing students to modern developments in library and information science.
- Edit the receipt and requests for exchange of new books and put them in their files.
- Working on updating catalogs, publishing books in all copies, checking them and locating them in records.
- Performing the technical procedures of books from indexing, numbering, arranging and organizing them.
- Follow-up of new books and to supply library with them.
- The organization of the loan, which will control the process of leaving books and entering the library and take the necessary action in case of delays or loss of books.
- Follow-up what is in the library of damaged books and inventory in statements to compensate later. As well as returning the books to their places after completion.
- To raise the awareness of the library's visitors, including how to find books easily and the behavior and ethics of visiting the library.
- Encouraging the concept of free reading and the establishment of events that promote this ..
- Prepare the annual order of reference books for the next year and take place in the second month of the academic year.
- Putting research, electronic and informatics services in the hands of the visitors of the library and provide web services, and print the necessary topics and information and the announcement of new books.
- Preparing the monthly and annual statistics according to the approved models in the library.
- Receipt of books from suppliers and the Deanship of Library Affairs after confirmation of them.
- Prepare an annual report on the most important achievements of the library and submit it to the Vice Dean for Educational Affairs
- Preparation of the evacuation of a party from the Library of the College for female graduates and withdrawals from the College
- Haya Sau'd El-Qahttani
- Thabyah Suwailem El-Qahttani