About the Unit
Societies and States attach great importance to community partnership because of their impact in supporting the State's efforts and assuming social responsibility towards the needs and requirements of society.
And the community partnership in the field of education in general, and university education in particular are important axises of social partnership, and one of the most prominent manifestations of the community and prepare it. Part of this awareness has been taken by community institutions and individuals to contribute to meeting the needs of society.
From this perspective, the College of Science and Humanities has embarked on an open approach to the surrounding environment, establishing relationships and partnerships in accordance with the principle of mutual interests and providing services that meet the needs of the conservative society. This desire comes within the strategic direction adopted by the university
Provide a unique community service and partnership to enrich the lives of individuals, society, and the surrounding environment
Creating community development and upgrading it to the highest levels through the provision of professional training and advisory programs with high standards and quality.
- Promoting an interactive and reciprocal culture of community service and community partnership among faculty members, society members and its institutions.
- Develop communication channels its mission is to interact with the sectors of society and to provide services in order to ensure full utilization of the development of society and fruitful partnerships.
- Prepare a detailed database of community services and governmental and private facilities in the region, and identify their needs and requirements.
- Activating grants, creating entities, financing and joint research with external bodies, and providing an appropriate environment for them to cooperate and participate in the development of university prorams and improving its patterns.
- Direct the research carried out by faculty members or students towards the problems and issues of the community and provide therapeutic suggestions and solutions.
- Providing the community the opportunity to benefit from the potential of the college and its staff members, through its pioneering role as the largest educational institution in the region that can lead thought, research and development of the community.
- Translation of the needs for scientific and educational activities in the environment surrounding the college.
- Support the population of the region economically through: training courses, workshops, consultations and exhibitions of productive families and children's shows.
- Training female graduates to identify and deal with social problems and ways to solve them through campaigns and field visits.
- Evaluate the extent of faculty participation in community services.
- Develop a clear policy in the area of services and community partnerships.
- Study plans, programs and requests related to community service and partnership, identify mechanisms and follow up their implementation, and monitor and assess the level of performance.
- Review the contracts and agreements concluded by the College with the parties to the partnership and verify the level of achievement.
- Communicate with government agencies, civil society organizations and the private sector by introducing the work of the committee and establishing fruitful relationships and partnerships.
- Encourage college faculty and guide them towards community-based studies and activities.
- Establish a database of community service providers from the College's staff.
- Regulate the areas of disbursement of financial returns, and maintain them.
- Documentation of all activities and services, with continuous assessment of the quality of these services, and reporting to the College and University administration.
Dr. Muneerah Naser El-Mubaddal