About the Unit
The Intellectual Awareness Unit was established under the guidance of His Excellency the Rector No. 15152/53 dated 16/5/1438 AH based on the letter of the supervisor of the intellectual awareness unit on activating the role of the unit of intellectual awareness at the university level.
This unit was recently established to raise the level of intellectual awareness among the university community of students and faculty members, to promote aspects of Islamic faith, to clarify the middle curriculum, to make good citizens and avoid misguided ideas.
To create secure society intellectually and socially, loving its religion, country and leadership.
Serving the university and the community through projects, scientific research, studies, events and programs; to prevent intellectual threats, and contribute effectively at their homeland
- The Intellectual Awareness Unit of the University seeks to achieve a number of objectives, including:
- Awareness of the truth of the correct doctrine based on the Quran and Sunnah and the curriculum of the righteous advances.
- The nomination of good thought disciplined mind and religion, and achieve the vision of intellectual awareness.
- Enhancing the role of university students in achieving national loyalty and preserving their gains.
- Spreading the values of moderation promoting a culture of constructive dialogue, and promote the values of tolerance and the principles of coexistence, and accept the other's opinion.
- Avoid the deviant curricula and destructive ideas by promoting religious, social and moral values.
- Encouraging experts and researchers at the university to carry out research and studies to confront extremism and early detection.
- Achieving governmental and non-governmental participation in the field of intellectual awareness
- Attend meetings with the Unit Coordinator to clarify the mechanism of implementation of the programs, activities and accompanying events and provide them with the necessary work models, with at least one meeting per semester if possible.
- Implementation of at least three lectures and one training session and two seminars and one seminar in the academic year, and direct supervision of the competitions offered by the unit to students.
- Monitoring the manifestations of intellectual deviations in the college and address and report.
- Awareness of the dangers of moral perversions and practices against literature and religion.
- Contributing in drawing up plans and extracurricular activities of the unit within the college and follow-up implementation.
- Communicate with the implementing member of the program that was nominated by the unit and set suitable time and place at college.
- Declaration of the program.
- Urging students / students to participate and attend events, workshops and dialogue sessions.
- Evaluate and develop the plans and programs of the Unit and its activities and proposing target programs.
- Follow up the progress of these programs in accordance with the time plans set for them and follow up their outputs and raise documented reports.
- Raising initiatives and proposals to enrich the Unit's programs
Dr. Tahani Abdulaziz Al-Tamimi