About the Unit
The Quality and Academic Accreditation Unit of the Faculty of Science and Humanities was established by decree No. 48 dated 1438/2/20 H. It works to ensure quality in all programs and units of the college to achieve the mission of the university. This unit is specialized in spreading the culture of quality and evaluating the level of performance, it also deals with evaluating of academic accreditation and the development of strategic plans for the College.
The Quality Assurance and Academic Accreditation Unit at the Faculty of Science and Human Studies works to ensure high quality in all educational programs in the College making use of all resources and possibilities to improve the level of education in order to qualify for the academic accreditation of its programs from the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment.
To improve the efficiency of the college performance and its programs in line with the mission of the college and its stated goals, to achieve quality assurance and continuous development and then gain the confidence of the community in its graduates based on recognized mechanisms locally, regionally and globally.
- Enhancing the concept of quality and its mechanisms in all educational programs within the college.
- Improve students' learning and learning outcomes.
- Implementing of evaluation and academic accreditation for all programs in the college.
- Exchange of experiences with similar bodies and organizations in Shaqra University and other universities to benefit from the development of the educational process.
- Establishing database for all courses and programs offered by the College.
- To establish high quality libraries for special courses in all educational departments in the college to be a reference for members of the department or visitors.
- Preparing academic programs for local and external accreditation.
- Evaluate the educational process by measuring the performance, inputs, processes, and outputs, of indicators including: faculty, staff, students, programs, graduates.
- Prepare the forms and tools necessary for the evaluation, taking into account the criteria for assessment to be eligible for accreditation.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses in the possibilities and educational programs provided by the College, and submit proposals
- Follow up the development of the various departments of the college programs and regulations, to reach graduates to a distinguished level among graduates of the corresponding departments in other similar colleges, and to achieve them a high competitiveness in the labor market.
- Activate the role of administrative units supporting quality assurance and the development of administrative work.
- Spread the culture of quality in the college through the studies, brochures, leaflets, seminars, lectures and workshops.
- Commitment to the mission and objectives of the college to improve performance.
- Survey the views of graduates in order to develop the performance of the college in light of quality standards and academic accreditation
- Making a questionnaire about the community institutions benefiting from the outputs of the college to meet the needs of the community, and achieves the principle of community participation useful in the development of those outputs.
- Preparation of specialized models and programs that require surveying, measurement and evaluation, and provision of a database and electronic services.
- Follow-up activities of scientific departments, centers and departments, to collect data and information related to their performance and plans.
- Formulating the necessary training plans for evaluation processes and quality assurance
- Prepare the draft strategic plan that will bring about the desired change, and directing efforts, and the use of potentials and energies in accordance with the mission of the College, to achieve its goals and aspirations for the future.
- Provide information on developments related to quality assurance and accreditation, and benefit from the experiences of other educational institutions in and outside Saudi Arabia.
- Prepare annual reports on the activities of the College, and its outputs in accordance with quality standards and academic accreditation.
D. Samah Abualmajd