About the Unit
The academic counseling unit is responsible for receiving and directing new students, introducing them to the college and its various departments, preparing them for study and university life, and also advising the students of the college academically, psychologically, socially and scientifically, advising them, and caring for students with weak academic achievement and others with special talents, and case studying the cases that require financial support from the Student Fund. The college academic counseling coordinator prepares an annual plan for academic counseling at the college, in which the periodic meetings with the coordinators of the academic counseling in the various departments shall be determined and a report shall be submitted at the end of the year to the Vice Dean for Educational Affairs.
The Academic Counseling Unit at the College of Science and Humanities in Huraimela is a distinguished and leading unit that provides counseling services to students at all levels of study.
Building a dynamic and effective relationship between the student and the college
- Directing students to know the value of the university learning experience.
- Orienting new students to the new university environment.
- Providing students with information about the college, educational policy, resources and study programs.
- Helping students to improve their academic skills to overcome the academic difficulties they may encounter.
- Following up the progress reports of students during their studies and evaluating them.
- Strengthening the capabilities of students in their fields of specialization.
- Helping students to deal with problems that affect their course of study
- Following up and directing the academic counselors.
- Providing the necessary forms for the unit of academic counseling in the College.
- Preparing the academic counseling plan for each semester.
- Preparing quarterly reports and submitting them to the Vice Dean for Educational Affairs.
The College's Vice-Deanship for Educational Affairs - Unit Coordinator - Departments Unit Coordinators
- Vice Dean for Educational Affairs (Chairman)
- Coordinators of the Unit
- Unit coordinators in the departments