The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdalla Ibn Abdalazeez, Minister of Cabinet, and President of the Board of Higher Education, made his consent to a number of resolutions taken by the Board in its 46th Session, including the consent for the foundation of the Faculty of Science and Arts in Shaqra, an affiliate of King Saud University.
Working on the Faculty in Shaqra was mentioned in the letter by his Excellency the Minister of Higher Education No. 43232, dated 5/11/1426 H. to the effect of taking the measures required for founding a faculty of science and arts in Shaqra Province. It first was an affiliate of King Saud University, due to the increasing numbers of secondary-school graduates in Shaqra and the neighbouring provinces, where they amounted to almost 2000 students in the year 1424-1425 H. Upon the instructions of his Excellency the Vice-chancellor, the Vice-rectory for Academic Affairs took the initiative of preparing the studies required. This was followed by the issuance of a resolution by the Senate in its 4th Session in 1426-1427 H., dated 29/12/1426 H., recommending the permission for establishing the faculty. The Higher Education Board then issued the resolution No. 20/46/1428 in its 46th Session held on 2/6/1428 H., to the effect of establishing a faculty for science and arts in Shaqra, where it met the approval of his Excellency of the resolution of the Higher Education Board following the mail instruction No. 10093, dated 21/11/1428 H.
On 3/9/1430 H. the Royal decree No. 7305 was issued, including
The establishment of Shaqra University, thus the Faculty of Science and Arts in Shaqra became part of Shaqra University instead of King Saud University. And upon the letter of the Minister of Higher Education No. 6691, dated 16/1/1441 H. which included the issuance of the resolution by the acting Provisional Committee of Higher Education Board No. 7/22/1440, in the Committee’s 22nd Meeting, held on 28/12/1440 H. stating the approval of structuring five faculties in Shaqra University, including renaming the Faculty of Science and Arts in Shaqra to be (the Faculty of Science and Humanities in Shaqra).