About the Unit
The social supervision is one of the college units that carry an ethical dimension rooted in behavior. It is an organized process that aims to help the student by stating a good educational environment by solving problems and achieve psychological, educational, social and vocational compatibility so that she can achieve the goals Islam.
Achieving excellence in finding a secure environment for female students within the college
Work to solve problems and achieve personal, social, psychological, academic and intellectual compatibility of students to contribute to instilling positive ideas and become good citizens in society.
- Helping students to communicate within the university community and help them participate effectively within the department where they are enrolled.
- Helping students cope with the difficulties and problems they face (family, economic, psychological, social, educational), especially with regard to the university community, using appropriate treatment methods in cooperation with the team work.
- Work on discovering the talents female students and working to guide them serve the students in particular and society in general.
- Instructing students to participate in the activities, programs, forums, lectures, courses and workshops provided by the Ministry of Higher Education and motivate them to make maximum use of these activities and programs for their benefit.
- To help female students choose the activity that suits their talents, abilities and preferences and the needs of the community as well as to provide them with the training opportunities available and provide them with information and admission requirements so that students can determine their own future.
- Work to raise the awareness of the university community in general and the college community in particular with the objectives, functions and programs of the Office of Social Supervision
- Introducing the role of social supervisor in the orientation meeting with each new semester and distribution (proshure) for the students to clarify the functions and services of the unit and participate in the program for students News
- Addressing the problem solving (social - family - school - behavioral - psychological) transferred by the faculty or provide directly from the same student to the office use to help students to solve the problems and overcome the difficulties that they face.
- Establish a good relationship between the students, and support them to trust each other.
- Study students situations focusing mostly on the extent of improvement of their different situations to achieve the psychological and social compatibility.
- Making a report of each case listing information about the student's name, level, section, problem identification, and recommendations of the specialist and then presented to the Dean if necessary.
- Make files to save the reports of the cases of students studied and classified according to the case guidance for reference when needed.
- Holding group counseling sessions for the students and include different topics according to the cases: Islamic guidence, family guidence, social guidence.
- Helping students to benefit from the leisure time to watch what is presented on the screens which includes religious educational and social topics.
- Helping students overcome the difficulties they face in their studies
- Such as the study of cases of absence for psychological, social or family conditions and their verification
- And in some cases taking into consideration their circumstances and encouraging further study.
- Studying the situation of students with disabilities, and provide practical solutions that help them.
- Providing benefits to students through studying the economic situation, who have economic problems in accordance with the conditions of the Deanship of Student Affairs.
- Studying the upnormal behavior that is issued by anyone at college and try to solve it by evaluating the case in all aspects.
- Communicate with the student's mother or her guardian, and explain the status of the student and try to solve it.
- The unit Participate in some programs of educational and social student activities.
- Encourage students to follow and apply the rules of Islam that they have already learnt, such as prayer and veil and others.
- Cooperating with the unit of students' activity in its activities to serve the students.
- Prepare a final report for the Bureau at the end of each academic year that will reflect the achievements of the unit within a year.
- Study cases of some students who need marriage leave or excuse for absence or delay of a lecture
Najlaa Abdulazeez Al-Thunayan