About the Unit
The activity of students plays an important role in building the students' integrated personality, instilling noble values and desired trends. It also contributes to achieving the balance of knowledge and entertainment in the soul and the social, psychological, health, professional and cultural preparation of the students development and guidance, and develop confidence to meet the psychological and social needs to apply honest competition. The university has devoted all its attention to the educational activities, and it follows an organized and planned mechanism to strengthen the academic and social relations between the students on the one hand and between them and their professors on the other hand, and linking university life to the surrounding social life.
Student activities offer students a good chance to practice hobbies. It is a group of positive programs that interact to specific goals in order to achieve the student's personality and increase their capacity and occupy their free time. The student is the center and goal.
To promote students psychologically, socially and culturally, and to consolidate Islamic principles and values in them.
To provide various educational, cultural, religious and social activities to improve student's personality and promote their scientific and cultural level
- Student activity is a means to achieve its goal, which is providing female students Islamic values and principles, so it aims to:
- Deepening the concepts of Islamic values to build an integrated Islamic personality.
- To discover and develop abilities and talents and to guide them in proper direction.
- To meet the psychological and social needs and to familiarize students with the collective work based on cooperation and altruism.
- Familiarity with the seriousness and good investment of time and organization.
- Provide the ability to plan, implement and take responsibility.
- Open the field of honest competition.
- Create opportunities and programs of recreational purpose and appropriate.
- Achieve diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic functions for problems such as problems of shyness, introversion and egoism.
- Respect of manual work and workers and appreciation of the value of work and enjoy it because sensory and practice make the activity enjoyable for students.
- Meeting the students social and psychological need as a need for social affiliation, friendship, self-realization and appreciation
- Invest in student leisure while developing her experiences and activating her mental abilities.
- The members of the activity committee have an important role in the activities. The success of the activity is based on good planning, implementation and follow-up.
- Preparation of the student activity plan based on the proposed programs in accordance with the regulations of the university administration.
- Raising students' awareness of the importance of activities and how to participate in accordance with their wishes and desires at the beginning of the academic year.
- Registration of students' wishes in forms prepared for this purpose, and their distribution to the fields of activities in cooperation with the faculty members.
- Conducting programs of activity in college and work to create the environment suitable for female students to work in cooperation with the Department of the College.
- Participate in the identification of the needs of the activity and offer the required data about it.
- Preparation of records and files for work in accordance with the guidance received from the Deanship of the college.
- Organizing the activity budget and monitoring disbursement according to specific disbursements.
- Provide proposals and overcome difficulties to facilitate the work without obstacles and in a good atmosphere.
- Organizing the college's contributions in the resistance activities at the university such as conferences and exhibitions.
- Prepare periodic reports to the Dean and the supervisor of the activity, indicating the success of the activities and obstacles encountered suggesting how they were overcome, and make proposals for new year.
- Encouraging competition among the groups, awarding excellent works.
U. Amal Al-Balawi