About the Unit
The Academic Quality and Academic Accreditation Unit is responsible for working towards achieving the objectives of the Deanship concerning the preparation and follow-up of the implementation of the necessary plans to ensure the quality of performance and to obtain academic accreditation at the level of the University's colleges, institutes and units and to support all colleges to accomplish the tasks related to international and national academic accreditation.
To contribute to the achievement of quality standards and development plans in order to lead the local and global academic accreditation of all the programs of the College.
Achieving the standards of quality and academic accreditation for the college programs to achieve the strategic dimension of Vision 2030
- Ensuring the quality of university performance at the institutional level, colleges, deanships and academic programs.
- Ensuring the quality of university performance on the administrative, educational, research and community participation levels
- Building university cadres capable of carrying out assessment tasks, ensuring quality and transferring knowledge to others.
- Unification of the evaluation systems in the university according to the system of King Saud University for Quality Assurance (KSU-QMS).
- Achieving the academic accreditation of the university and maintaining this level of performance.
- Achieving national and international academic accreditation for undergraduate programs at the university.
- Achieving national and international academic accreditation for the university graduate programs.
- Increasing the employment rates of graduates through the compatibility of the outputs of learning academic programs with the national qualifications framework.
- Continuous improvement of the university performance through the implementation of related development projects, and the policy of motivation and honoring.
- Developing the educational process in national institutions through the provision of support and advisory services.
- Improving institutional reputation through benchmark comparisons with leading universities.
- Providing technical support, consultation and training for the university units on the application of quality systems and national and international academic accreditation.
- Facilitating communication with the entities granting national and international accreditation for the accreditation of the university units.
- Preparation of follow-up reports on the progress of academic and institutional accreditation, both technical and financial.
- Preparation and implementation of projects related to quality systems and academic accreditation.
- Building quality management system tools (questionnaires, indicators, benchmarking, etc.) and working on their application.
- Managing the performance evaluation process at the university level and its units, and following up the preparation and implementation of improvement plans.
- Introducing mechanisms for motivation and excellence in the application of quality practices and academic accreditation.
- Preparation of cadres specialized in assessment according to the system of King Saud University for Quality Management (Council of Assessors).
- Contributing to the dissemination of quality culture and academic accreditation in cooperation with the concerned authorities.
- Carrying out the work assigned to the unit for the best interest of work.
- Prepare periodic reports of all achievements.
- Vice Dean for Development and Quality (Chairman)
- Unit coordinators in the departments