About the Unit
The Academic Guidance Unit was established by a decision from the Dean of the College, it is concerned with planning, coordination and supervision of the implementation of the academic supervision process in the College and the vice dean for educational affairs holds the unit.
Academic guidance is the responsibility of all faculty members, not just the Academic Guidance Unit. Hence, all faculty members participate in academic supervision activities.
The Unit coordinates and cooperates with the guidance and counseling department in the deanship of student affairs
The student counseling unit is a distinct unit that employs theoretical knowledge and applied competencies in the field of academic and psychosocial guidance
Spread guidance awareness and help students to understand the academic system of the college and its educational programs, accompanying them closely to develop their academic and personal abilities, and overcome the problems of academic progress through precautionary and remedial guidance services to contribute to the achievement of the college objectives
- Prepare students to the adaptation and awareness of the university life.
- Provide students with correct information about the college, educational policies, resources and study programs.
- Enhancing the academic achievement of students, raising their abilities and overcoming the obstacles they face during their academic attainment.
- Reducing the chances of academic failure (precautionary guidance).
- Provide advice and assistance to academic problems of college students.
- Care for students with low academic achievement, giving them more attention and follow them up to raise their educational level.
- Provide social and physical care, and assist students psychologically and functionally, if necessary.
- Paying attention to outstanding and talented students and provide them with the means that enhance their abilities and support their creations.
- Setting up a plan for the academic supervision of the college.
- Supervising the implementation of the academic supervision plan.
- To raise awareness among students about the importance of unit and how to benefit from its services through meetings and publications and the website of the College.
- Introduce students to the goals and mission of the college, its educational programs, its scientific departments, the fields of work of its graduates, the aspects of care and services it provides to its students, as well as enlighten and guide them to choose the appropriate specializations that suit their abilities and aptitudes.
- Distribution of newly admitted students to academic supervisors, and publishing lists on the billboards and the site of the college at the beginning of each year.
- Khedher Al-Siddiq Mohammed Ahmed _ Chairman.
- Dr. Nashwa Salim Deef (Female Students Section) Vice President.
- Dr. Abdul-Shafei Al-Riayeh Al-Mahdi (Extension Coordinator, English Department) Member
- Dr. Waleed Mohammed Al-Tayeb (Guidance Coordinator, Computer Department) - Member
- Dr. Ghada Osman Al Sayed (Coordinator of Business Administration Department - Female Students)
- Dr. Khalida Mohammed Nuqdallah (Coordinator of the English Department - female section).
- lect. Hissa’a Fahd Al - Saif (female section).
- lect. Mohammed al-Sulaib - secretary (college officer).
- lect. Mounira Hamed Al-Rashidi - Secretary (female section).