About the Unit
A special crisis and disaster management unit has been set up in the college specifically operating as a scientific administrative unit with its own entity and responsibilities in the organizational structure including a distinguished team capable of managing crises and disasters.
Establishment of a distinguished internal unit at the university level to provide a safe environment for students and faculty members
To activate the plans and means necessary to avoid crises at the college level and to provide safety in the college environment which includes its equipments and staff members.
- Creating a safe and secure environment at the level of faculty and staff
- Ensure the security and safety mechanisms in the college facilities.
- Achieve safety and security standards
- Spread awareness and behavior among employees and students about various crises
- Raising awareness about healthy and safe behaviors to avoid various crises at the community health level
In accordance with the phases of disaster management, the functions of the Crisis Management Unit are divided into three phases:
First: The Pre-Crisis Phase:
- Prepare to deal with crises, including training and provision of equipment.
- To raise awareness and hold training workshops for faculty members.
- Identification of occupational hazards and the resulting diseases for faculty members.
- Prepare plans for crises and disasters that may occur in the short, medium and long term.
- Take preventive measures to prevent or reduce the crisis or disaster.
- Maintenance of monitoring mechanisms and preventive equipment on an ongoing basis.
- Place the necessary explanatory signs inside the college buildings.
Second: The Crisis Phase:
- Follow-up the event and evaluate the situation and determine the required preventive action.
- Immediate notification to the crisis management unit of the university about the event and carrying out urgent emergency services.
- Follow up the implementation of security and safety standards in case of crisis at all facilities of the College
- Continuous communication and cooperation with the Civil Defense and Protection Unit at the University.
- Implement the evacuation of the building if necessary.
Third: The Post-Crisis Phase:
- Limiting losses on individuals and establishments.
- Documenting the event and making the necessary recommendations and proposals to the concerned authorities to avoid repeating the event in the future
- Study the crisis and develop preventive plans for better future management of crises and disasters.
- Eliminating the effects of the event and resuming activity and alerting to potential future risks in the near term.
- Inform the media in case of necessity in order to avoid spreading rumors
- The college records the events of threatening crises/ disasters in a separate register so that it can be used a reference in future.
- Dean of the College (President)
- Vice dean of College for Quality and Development (Vice President)
- Director of the unit and the official of the Committee for Safety and Insurance of the work environment
- Deputy Director of the Unit and the official of the Committee of Occupational Health and First Aid
- Deputy Director of the Unit and a Committee Officer, Awareness and Information
- Dr. Abdullah A. Al-Ghanayem
- Dr. Ataallah Khalaf Al-Enezi
- Dr. Kamal Eldin Abdel Salam
- Mr. Pedro Riviera
- Mr. Wadeea As Sumayt