The Intermediate Faculty of Education for Girls in Afif was established in 1414 H and was part of a group of colleges under the supervision of The General Administration of Girls' Education. It was promoted to the Faculty of Education for Girls in 1422 -1423 H. In 1428 H, all of the educational colleges in Saudi Arabia were annexed to universities, and according to the Royal Decree no. A/ 37 dated 25/3/1428 H, the Faculty of Education for Girls in Afif was appended to Riyadh University for Women, which was later renamed Princess Nora bint Abdul Rahman University.
According to the Royal Decree No. 5150 / B.C. dated 3/7/1429 H, which stipulates the approval of the verdict of The Council of Higher Education no. 23/49/1429 H dated 2/4/1429 H and verdict no. 3/1430 H on 4/7/1430 H to restructure university colleges outside Riyadh, including the Faculty of Education in Afif, the Faculty of Education in Afif was annexed administratively, academically, and financially to University of Shaqra after it was established by the Royal Decree no. (7305 / m.b.) dated 3/9/1430 H.
And based on the decision of the Minister of Education no. (6691) dated 16/01/1441 H, which includes the establishment of the acting Interim Committee of the Council of Higher Education no. (7/22/1440) at the committee’s 22nd meeting held on 28/12/1440 H to approve the restructuring of (five colleges) at the University of Shaqra, including the renaming of the Faculty of Education in Afif to (Faculty of Science and Humanities in Afif).