About the Unit
E-Learning Module is a unit of e-learning, which seeks to promote e-learning at the college level to reach local and international leadership through developing plans and executive programs that regulate the work of e-learning, whether for students or faculty Staff members.
The e-learning unit of the college seeks to develop and implement a self-technological educational system by providing a distinguished electronic education according to international quality standards, and by preparing a high quality graduate supported by modern technology and familiar with the requirements of the modern era in the Kingdom and the Arab region, in addition to promoting distance learning in University education and postgraduate studies so that it can attract more Saudi and foreign students.
The e-learning unit supports the educational role at college by adding a technological dimension to the formal education within the framework of the university's ambitious policy, working on developing and supporting the skills of the faculty members to produce modern electronic curricula on the international network, enhancing students’ efficiency in using these curricula and encouraging them to benefit from the advantage of self-education.
The e-learning module aims to improve and develop the educational information process in the college and to use strategies and methods supported by modern technology, especially computer and information technology where learners are provided with education and knowledge using technology in a continuous manner regardless of location and time by providing educational materials and interactive lectures organized electronically so that the learner can review and learn from them remotely and allowing students - who are prevented by the circumstances from attending the college in a systematic manner - to study at the college remotely. The Unit also seeks, through coordination with the relevant authorities, to achieve the following objectives:
- -To improve the quality of the traditional educational process by providing teaching methods based on the use of e-learning techniques.
- -To switch to an electronic approach in introducing courses through redesigning the traditional image into an interactive electronic format that encourages students to think, express opinion, discuss, converse and ask questions in order to support students' independence in learning and to make it a center for the educational process.
- -To provide a variety of educational resources, which helps to reduce individual differences between learners.
- -To develop the reality of e-learning systems in the college and its impact on the educational environment.
- -To establish the principle of self-learning and lifelong training and enhancing the e-learning skills of the faculty members to employ them in lifelong learning.
- -To encourage cooperation and coordination between educational institutions and the private sector in the field of learning and e-training
- -To prepare the strategic plan of the unit.
- -To coordinate with the deanship of e-learning and distance learning in relation to e-learning projects in the college.
- -To prepare training programs in e-learning and related programs.
- -To organize seminars and lectures to disseminate the culture of e-learning.
- -To keep continuous assessment of the reality of e-learning in the college community.
- -To carry out coordination and follow-up tasks to train faculty members on e-learning applications.
- Dean of the College
- Vice Dean
- Head of Unit
- The staff of the unit are faculty members and students
Head of Unit
Dr. Mohammed Arafa Hilal