About the unit
The Skills Development Unit is a unit that seeks to provide training services to enhance job opportunities for trainees and to develop their skills.
The Skills Development Unit at the College seeks to be a unique training unit at both the university and the local community levels. It aims to build up and develop the capabilities of students, graduates, employees and faculty members at the university and community institutions.
The unit provides special training programs in accordance with local and international standards of quality in order to meet the needs and requirements of both the university and the community. This is achieved by developing skills that help participants achieve the university's goals and mission
- Introducing intensive programs to participants to enhance their job opportunities, such as entrepreneurship skills, computer skills, and Internet usage skills.
- Helping students and graduates of Shaqra University, as well as the citizens of Shaqra to pass the teachers' competency test.
- Providing a number of courses that qualify participants to pass international language tests such as (TOEFL & IELTS).
- Training the participants to pass the STEP exam.
- Holding general courses that meet the requirements of the labor market, such as writing CVs and nomination letters.
- Providing courses for faculty members such as international publishing, effective presentation, using technology in education and assessment methods.
- Providing training courses for the competency test required to join universities.
The unit is headed by the Dean of the College of Science and Humanities in Shaqra followed by the coordinator of the unit nominated by the Dean of the College and different members of teaching staff in different specializations required by the unit.
Members of the unit:
- A teaching staff member from each academic department.
- A representative of students' activities unit.
- A representative of community service
- A representative of the Academic Advising Unit
- A representative of the e-learning Unit
Coordinator of the unit
Dr. Ahmed Abdelsattar Abdelaziz Keshk