Vision, Message, and Goals
The Deanship of Library Affairs, represented by the Central and branch libraries, and aspire to become a leading center and source of intellectual and cultural hub for the academic community within the geographical area to which it belongs.
Excellence in providing information services necessary to meet the current and future needs of the university staff community, including faculty, students, and researchers from outside; and to support various educational and research programs in order to achieve the distinguished level that the university seeks.
1. Establishing a state-of-the-art central library in university library building, as well as to establish and develop an integrated library system within the branch libraries in university colleges in line with the latest development in the field of university libraries.
2. Providing a modern, balanced and comprehensive set of information resources in the various branches of knowledge, including (books - periodicals - manuscripts - government publications - university theses – in electronic vessels).
3. Technical processing and organization of information resources, by carrying out indexing and classification operations for all available information sources in the university's libraries in accordance with the international standards.
4. Focusing on electronic information sources and working on developing a digital library, through purchase, subscription, or gift.
5. Continuous planning to provide information services to all affiliated libraries in line with the users’ needs available resources.
6. Preparing the policies and procedures that contribute to organize the workflow related to Acquisition, inventory, and weeding of library resources in the university libraries.
7. Paying attention to library cooperation programs with the Deanships of Library Affairs with universities within and outside the Kingdom, local and international libraries and private institutions related to library and information services in the field of exchanging information and experiences.
8. Attention to recruiting the specialized workforce in the field of libraries and information, along with training and developing the skills of workers on all technical and service operations.