In order to improve scientific participation in the field of research, the college of computing and information technology at Shaqra University has decided to create research groups. These research groups are concerned with joint research work between various faculty members. The groups emphasize different topics for research which are currently valuable for the global scenario.
As a noble initiative for achieving success in the desired aspirations of the University, each faculty member has been motivated to join at least a research group, where he will be working in association with other members. These research groups are not limited to the members at the university level. A joint collaboration with the researchers outside the college and the University has been also motivated. The participation of the research group in Association with other people shall be helpful enough for the quality production of value-added research.
- Supporting scientific research in scientific disciplines related to computer and information technology.
- Excellence and advancement of scientific production in the college in terms of quantity and quality.
- Promoting joint teamwork, and creating a suitable working environment for researchers.
- Promote the exchange of scientific experiences among members, and improve research capabilities in the college.
Members of the group:
- Each research group consists of a number not exceeding six members provided that one person is selected from among the members to act as the group's coordinator.
- The coordinator role in the research group will be:
- Follow the group’s work
- Reporting periodically on what has been accomplished in the group
- Ensure that the group complies with laws and regulations
- Coordination between group members to suggest new joint research topics
- The name of the research group must be mentioned and indicated in all the research publications of its members, and this is represented by the Acknowledgment of the group in the research.
- Each group is required to fulfill the research group's requirements within the specified time period.
- Research published prior to the creation of the group or individual works published by one researcher is not accepted.
- Each member is entitled to join a maximum of two research groups
- The maximum number of members of the group is six members and the minimum is three members.
- All members of the group must strictly abide by the rules and ethics of scientific research and relevant statutory regulations
- It is possible to include one researcher outside the college or university in the group.
Research group requirements:
Each research group is required to publish at least two research papers according to the ISI classification within one year.
There are six research groups currently working for value added research:
Signal and Image Processing
Encryption and Data Hiding
Formal Hardware Verification
IoT and Blockchain