About the Unit
It is the activity of the academic instructors in the college to introduce students to the rules and regulations of the school and to assist them in the academic progress and overcome the problems encountered by social, psychological, health or academic difficulties.
The Academic Guidance Unit is a leading unit in providing extension services to students, in line with international standards in the provision of extension services in higher education institutions.
The Academic Guidance Unit seeks to provide a variety of counseling services to students to help them understand the academic system at the college to meet their academic needs. Strive to develop different aspects of their personalities, and increase their skills in dealing with various difficulties during their study period.
The Academic Guidance Unit aims at translating the college's goals and objectives into providing advice and helping students to understand their academic problems and ensure that they are dealt with in accordance with the regulations and the university and college regulations so that they can successfully complete their studies. This results in the graduation of a generation of sons and daughters. And the ability to participate in the development of the country, by achieving the following objectives:
- Define and provide students and guides with the University's approved laws and regulations, educational policies, resources and programs to ensure their application and use them in the best way.
- Provide the necessary support to the student during his studies to achieve completion of the course and the completion of all requirements within the prescribed time period.
- Provide academic and guidance information to the student and increase his awareness of the University's mission, objectives and systems.
- Follow up the student academically and help him to complete his studies efficiently and support the efforts of the college in providing a sound learning environment to enable the graduation of qualified students to the labor market.
- Prepare the student to identify and adapt to university life and reduce the chances of academic stumbling
- Help the student to identify scientific disciplines that fit his mental abilities and tendencies.
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation of student progress in the field of education
- Encouraging students to use the various sources provided by the university
- Enhancing the academic achievement of the student, raising his abilities and overcoming obstacles encountered during his academic achievement.
- Caring for students with low academic achievement and stumbling and attention to them and follow them up to the level of education.
- Paying attention to outstanding and gifted students and offering programs to enhance their abilities and support their creations.
• Dr. Hussein Al-Shahrani - Chairman
• Dr. Omar Reyad Mohamed - Rapporteur
• Dr. Mufaddal Muhammad Al-Yamani - Member
• Dr. Muhammad Ahmad Al-Faki - Member
• Dr. Abdel Aziz Abdel hameid - Member
• Dr. Siva Ram - Member
• Ms. Rand Mahafdah - Member