Drug & Poisoning Information Unit
About the Unit
In view of the University's adoption of the Pharm-D (Doctor of Pharmacy) program in order to keep abreast of the global development in the field of pharmacy as the pharmacy profession is no longer limited to the traditional role of dispensing drugs, but rather to developing the patient's treatment program and follow-up, As well as the need to support the student academically during his career. As a result of the continuous increase in inquiring about medical information, especially in relation to new drugs as well as old and in response to the global revolution in medical and pharmacological information. Poisoning cases resulting from the misuse of drugs by individuals and the belief in the importance of the university's role in serving the community and raise the level of awareness of the health community.
Therefore, the University of Shaqra seeks to establish the information center for drugs and toxins at the Faculty of Pharmacy under the unified regulation of scientific research issued by the Deanship of Scientific Research at the University of Shaqra and approved by the Scientific Council and the University Council.
To be a specialized unit providing services to all callers, from the health care team of doctors, pharmacists, nurses, etc., as well as the public.
The unit will also provide many other services both in the educational process through training students to provide pharmaceutical information or research, education and awareness of the community.
Through the activation of funding mechanisms and the continuous support that the unit will receive from the university and the private sector in a way that will enable it to achieve its goals in the service and development of society.
Our mission is to:
- Supporting the academic decisions of PharmD program in line with the global development in the field of pharmacy.
- Training students to provide pharmacological information.
- Providing information on drugs and toxins based on scientific evidence and increase the level of awareness of medicine among citizens and residents in the area of Dawadmi and neighboring provinces, in order to ensure their health.
- Promote the profession of pharmacy through support of PharmD program in line with the international standards of clinical pharmacists.
- To provide information about drugs and toxins to both the public and health care professionals by answering questions and questions through the unit's contact center, the unit's periodic publications and awareness seminars, and thus raising the awareness of health and medicine for citizens and residents.
Competencies and research areas:
- Research in the field of pharmaceutical safety.
- Research in the field of toxins and special drug poisoning.
- Research in the field of drug interactions.
- Research in the field of drug kinetics.
- Research in the field of pharmacodynamics.
- Community Service:
- Answering the inquiries of health workers regarding medicine and poisons.
- Providing information about medicines to all groups of society directly through the appropriate channels.
- Give appropriate solutions to emergency situations as quickly as possible to avoid the human and financial damage resulting from it
- Increase health awareness regarding emergency health issues that threaten society.
- Publication of warning reports on the damage caused by some drugs using all means of communication available.
- Pharmaceutical consulting.
- Awareness programs and seminars.
- Training and publishing.