About the Unit
Based on the fourth strategic objective of the University of Shaqra: "Focusing on the student and developing the environment and processes of teaching and learning, In view of the importance of participation of the student in the educational process, the College and through the unit activities of students interested in activating student participation and activities. and the application of cultural, artistic, social, sports and religious activities for students and seeks through programs and plans to study the talents of the students and their advancement and motivation to achieve creativity in the completion of student activities and develop their abilities to achieve personal the student activities unit is in harmony with the university goals and through the Deanship of Student Affairs create a suitable university atmosphere for the various cultural, artistic, social, religious and sports activities, and provide the opportunity to the largest possible number of students to achieve their desires and hobbies of different kinds and discover their talents and abilities and our focus in it developing the creative energies of the students, which contributes to their behavioral, cognitive and emotional development and the transfer of their ideas to reality and practice scientific and practical in various fields in accordance with the policy of the Deanship of Student Affairs University.
Excellence and leadership in the field of non-zero, and achieve qualitative excellence in the discovery of students' talents and abilities through the acquisition of values and skills and positive behaviors.
Supporting and disseminating positive ideas through the provision of targeted and deliberate quality activities in various fields in a manner commensurate with all students' work to discover their talents and develop their skills and gain different knowledge to contribute. To establish a generation that has the ability to develop its self and talents, thus contributing to the development of students behaviorally, cognitively and spiritually.
- Consolidate the concept of patriotism and the spirit of belonging to the homeland.
- Introduce students to the importance of extracurricular activities.
- Develop the skills and experiences of students in the non-class activity.
- Activating the role of the college in volunteering and social responsibility towards society
- Raising the student's ability to innovate and open the horizons of knowledge before him
- Training students in scientific research skills, reporting and participating in local and international competitions
- Contribute with the University represented by the Deanship of Student Affairs and Society in the provision of public services.
The Unit of Competitions and Events offers a variety of programs under different categories:
- Cultural activities: lectures, seminars, competitions, and many activities.
- Social activities: including visits and trips within the blonde and visiting some cities of the Kingdom and stay
- Celebrations and many social events
- Training activities: Training courses of various kinds that develop the skills of students. o Lectures: The scientific lectures are held in various kinds, which develop students' skills and expand their knowledge. • Prepare and organize a reception for new students at the beginning of each academic year.
- Preparing, organizing and implementing the "Closing Ceremony for Student Activities" in cooperation and coordination with the Deanship of Student Affairs at the University
- At least two weeks before the start of the final exams for the second semester, a closing ceremony to honor the students involved in the activities and to review the achievements of students in the field of student activities.
- To announce to the students, and continuously, about the student activities at the Deanship and invite them to visit the unit, specifying the location and times
- Different over the week to receive students.
- The need to ensure that any student activity does not negatively affect the students' academic achievement.
- It is necessary to take into account not to initiate any student activity unless it is approved by the Deanship of Student Affairs
- Prepare a detailed report on all student activities in the unit during the semester, including achievements
- Difficulties or obstacles prevented the achievement of the desired goals and proposals to overcome them and improve the work and development, and the report is submitted to the Dean and the Deanship of Student Affairs after its adoption
Dr. Raed Alhafi
Dr. Omar Riyad
Dr. Omaia Alomari
Dr. Asim Alageed
Dr. Mohammad Karar