About the Committee
The R & D Committee is committed to ensuring high quality research through the pursuit of research ethics. The committee includes experts in the fields of pharmaceutical sciences, biomedical sciences, and pharmacy practice.
- Develop relevant policies and regulations for scientific research.
- Create an environment conducive to the advancement of research and innovation activities in the college.
- Training key investigators, committee members, students and managers concerned with research responsibility, policy and procedures.
- Encouraging and directing faculty members to apply for different research grants.
- Organizing periodic meetings and conducting reviews, auditing and approval of research proposals that meet the ethics of scientific research.
- Ensuring smooth performance and effective management of research grants.
- Encourage innovative research that achieves cooperation between several disciplines.
- Interact with industries and encourage consultancy, testing and research activities based on need.
- Coordination with CPE / CPD committees / workshops / seminars / activities in organizing scientific activities.
- Maintain records of research activities and report periodically.
To make the college a front-runner in research by conducting world-class research, scholarship, and creative activities that develop knowledge and contribute to the economic growth and social advancement of the province and the kingdom and benefit humanity as a whole .
The committee develops and expands innovative research programs that align well with the institutional mission and strategic plan, address urgent national and global needs, and through technology transfer and commercialization noticeably supporting the economic development of the nation.
To build and sustain strategic research clusters of excellence that leverage university strengths; match well with future directions of the university; offer excellent career opportunities for university graduates that are of strategic importance to the kingdom, and are in areas attracting significant extramural funding.
To expand regional, national, and international partnerships with industry, government, and academia in economic development.
To emphasize on interdisciplinary research initiatives that result in nationally and internationally recognized distinctive and innovative sponsored research programs.
To establish centralized instrumentation facility for interdisciplinary research.
To encourage research partnerships, integrating research programs across campus, and promoting opportunities for collaboration with other campuses of Saudi Universities as well as the not-for-profit and for-profit sectors.
To promote the protection, transferring, and commercialization of intellectual property, and develop links to economic development in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
To translate research into practice/application with major economic and societal impact.
To foster systematic integration of the research experience in undergraduate programs, leading to research-based learning in the academic disciplines across the institution.
To promote alignment and optimization of Pharm D program with respect to the strategic research clusters, including through development of distinctive doctoral programs.
To expand research opportunities and resources that attract, inspire and support a robust number of postdoctoral fellows.