The Deanship of Scientific Research is responsible for the following:
1) Proposing an annual research plan for the university, and prepare the necessary draft budget for it in preparation for submission to the scientific council.
2) Suggesting regulations, rules and procedures regulating the movement of scientific research in the university.
3) Approving research and studies projects, following up their implementation, arbitration, and disbursing them according to the rules regulating this.
4) Suggesting means of organizing the link with the various research centers outside the university and cooperating with them.
5) Coordinating the work among research centers at the university, working to eliminate duplication in their performance, and encouraging joint research between departments and colleges to raise the efficiency and effectiveness of using available materials.
6) Recommending the approval of publishing the research that is considered to be published after its arbitration in accordance with the University’s arbitration and publishing rules.
7) Encouraging faculty members and other researchers and urging them to conduct innovative scientific research, and to prepare research means and capabilities for them, especially full-time sabbaticals, and enable them to conduct their research in an appropriate scientific atmosphere.
8) Organizing the process of contacting research centers outside the university, both domestic and foreign, and developing cooperation with them to take advantage of all that is new.
9) Establishing a database for ongoing and ended research at the university, and exchanging research information with universities and other research centers.
10) Studying the annual report and the final account of the scientific research activity in the university, in preparation for submitting it to Vice President for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research.
11) Supervising and following up on research funded by other sectors outside the university that fall within its specializations.
12) Forming specialized committees from among its members or others as needed.
13) Studying what is referred to him by the University President or the Vice-President for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research.
Members of the Deanship of Scientific Research Council